Below are 12 really great foods that help in naturally cleansing your lungs. Many people smoke cigarettes or are susceptible to secondary smoking. This can introduce toxins to the lungs, blacken them and make one prone to various diseases of the lungs.
Here are some tips and good practices, to consider, when cleansing your lungs;
- Quit the bad habit of smoking tobacco. Smoking tobacco severely impairs the functioning of your lungs.
- Avoid consuming milk and diary products during the cleansing period.
- Take green tea during the day and before going to bed. This would help cleanse toxins from your body.
- Take diluted lemon juice before breakfast. You could also take cranberry juice or pineapple juice as a substitute.
- You could take carrot juice the period between your breakfast and your lunch to help alkalize your body.
- During lunch, you could indulge in potassium rich drinks such a smoothie made from any of these; banana, cantaloupe, spinach, berries, figs, apricots, or dates.
- You could also take ginger tea during the day to help hasten the cleansing process.
- Sprinkle oregano in your foods or drinks as oregano has natural decongestant and antihistamine properties.
- Chew peppermint leaves daily as these leaves have antimicrobial and decongestant properties.
- You could take up relaxation techniques such as meditation and yoga to help hasten the cleansing process.
These rich natural foods, below, can help trigger the natural healing process of the lungs;
Their rich oxidants will kick-start the lung’s healing process.
Apples have been shown to prevent many lung diseases.
The alicin compound, found in garlic, will reduce inflammation, ease asthma and coughing.
Rich in vitamins and minerals that are good for the lungs.
Needed for a healthy and hydrated lungs.
Contains spicy Capsaicin compounds which stimulate blood flow and fight infections.
Removes toxins from the entire body including the lungs.
Reduces the risk of lung cancer and is a good source of vitamin E.
Cabbage’s anti-oxidants help boost the immunity of the lungs and the entire body.
Take this to alkalize your blood.
Rich in vitamins.
Silibinin, in milk thistle, helps prevent lung cancer.
Pin To Pinterest