Sometimes we just find it difficult to clean our homes as and when due.
However, with a cleaning schedule, we could keep ourselves on check on when to do our cleanings.
Below is a video guide that can help in creating an effective cleaning schedule;
Below are some frequently asked questions about cleaning schedules;
How do I make a daily cleaning schedule?
- Determine the length of your schedule. Before you begin to list out your tasks, you need to determine the length of your schedule.
- List your tasks.
- Determine the frequency of tasks.
- Assign specific tasks to specific days.
- Assign people to tasks.
- Put it in writing.
- Stick to it.
What is a good cleaning schedule?
Here’s a sample cleaning schedule you can follow during the week:
- Sunday: Vacuum all carpets and rugs.
- Monday: Wash bedsheets.
- Tuesday: Wipe interior windows.
- Wednesday: Clean stove.
- Thursday: Wipe away smudges and dirt from walls.
- Friday: Vacuum furniture.
- Saturday: Clean exterior windows.
What cleaning should be done weekly?
To keep everything neat, Good Housekeeping recommends that you perform certain cleaning tasks every day, including sweeping the kitchen floor, wiping down the kitchen counters, and sanitizing the sinks. Then, once a week, you should change your bedding and clean the inside of your microwave.
What should you clean every month?
Monthly Cleaning Chores;
- Dust Ceiling Fans: If it has been a while since you’ve cleaned your ceiling fan, take a look up.
- Clean Light Fixtures.
- Dust Air Vents.
- Clean Walls.
- Dust Intensively.
- Clean Windows.
- Spot Treat Carpet and Upholstery.
- Check Smoke Alarms.
What is the fastest way to clean a house?
- Clean the whole house, not one room at a time.
- Gather all your cleaning tools in a caddy.
- Clear the clutter.
- Dust and vacuum.
- Wipe mirrors and glass.
- Disinfect countertops and surface areas.
- Focus on tubs, sinks, and toilets.
- Sweep, then mop.
What household chores should be done daily?
- Make Your Bed: It might sound like the silliest of things.
- Wash Dishes: A kitchen gets cluttered quickly.
- Straighten the Bathroom: Bathrooms, like kitchens, can become cluttered fast.
- Take Out the Kitchen Trash.
- Put Dirty Laundry in Baskets.
What household chores should be done weekly?
- Wash clothes and put them away: Lightly organize the inside of your drawers and your closet.
- Wash and replace bed sheets: This includes mattress covers and pillowcases. This can be done every week or every other week.
- Vacuum or sweep.
How can I clean my house in 30 minutes a day?
- Gather your tools.
- Set a timer.
- Start with a laundry basket and a garbage bag.
- Do a quick dust.
- Wipe surfaces.
- Wipe mirrors.
- Quick vacuum.
- Fluff pillows and straighten throw blankets.
How can I clean my house in 2 hours?
2 Hour House Cleaning Plan;
- Strip the bedsheets & put them in the washer (10 mins).
- Put away the mess (10 mins).
- Dust (10 mins).
- Wipe down windowsills, shelves, etc (10 mins).
- Wash the dishes (15 mins).
- Wipe down the kitchen counters/cabinets & clean the backsplash (5 mins).
- Wipe down/clean appliances (5 mins).
- Clean the bathroom/s (10 mins)
- Clean mirrors (5 mins).
- Clean the walls (5 mins).
- Vacuum (15 mins)
- Mop (10 mins).
- Make the beds (10 mins).
How often should you mop floors?
One to two weeks.
Give floors a good wash or steam once every couple of weeks. You might want to wash your kitchen floors a little more often, due to food bacteria that can spread around.
How often should a bathroom be cleaned?
Your bathroom is the ultimate bacteria host; E. coli can be found within six feet of the toilet and in the sink. To keep it at bay, disinfect the toilet and sink at least once weekly, and the bathtub every two weeks — more if you shower often.
What happens when you don’t clean your house?
The air might get contaminated
It could be that your heating ducts are clogged with dust and debris (which usually happens when you quit cleaning). Dust buildup can circulate in the air, triggering allergies, and other respiratory issues.
How do you stay on top of household chores?
- Build Habits: Plan ahead and allocate each chore that needs doing a specific time and day, rather than just trying to fit it in when you can.
- Have Fun: There are lots of ways to make household chores more enjoyable.
- Keep your mess organized.
- Use hacks and time-saving appliances.
- Don’t let it stain.
- Remember what matters.
Is it better to clean one room at a time?
Clean the whole house, not one room at a time
Cleaning is much more efficient if you pick one task (dusting, vacuuming, mopping) and do the same task in every room in the house, rather than cleaning the kitchen, the bathrooms, and then the bedrooms.
How can I clean my house in 20 minutes a day?
Clean your House in Only 20 Minutes a Day;
- MONDAY: Grab your dusting mitt and dust in every room.
- TUESDAY: Clean all showers and shower doors in every bathroom.
- WEDNESDAY: Clean toilets, sinks & mirrors in every bathroom.
- THURSDAY: Wipe down/polish all kitchen appliances and sink.
- FRIDAY: Vacuum every room of the house.
- SATURDAY: Clean any hardwood or linoleum floors with your preferred method (steam mop, hand wash, Swiffer, etc).
What is the best order to clean your house?
- Start with cleaning and other chores that require cleaners to sit, or those that can be going while you are doing something else.
- Work from the top down.
- Go from inside the house to outside the house.
- Tidy, then clean.
- Dust before cleaning floors.
How can we keep our house clean and look beautiful?
- Make the bed: The best way to start your day is by making your bed.
- Clean as you cook: As you learn how to keep a house clean, pay close attention to clutter in the kitchen.
- Grab things, lying about, as you go.
- Wipe up messes as they happen.
- Sort the mail.
- Sweep the kitchen floor.
How often should you change your bedsheets?
Well, it depends on the circumstances. The Good Housekeeping Institute says you should wash your sheets — and other bedding — at least once every two weeks. If you have night sweats, or just sweat a lot in general, bump washing up to once a week.
Save To Pinterest